11.07.2007

To Thong or Not to Thong?


I was painfully aware of the dreaded vpl but I honestly just did not find g-strings remotely comfortable. Believe me, I tried, but I'd spend more time thinking about how uncomfortable I was rather than whatever I was supposed to be doing that day. That was until I bought some nice DKNY g-strings. When I wear them I almost feel like I have nothing on, which I suppose is essentially true - it just never worked that way with any others. Since I found DKNY, I have tried many other types - and admittedly one or two have come up to scratch - but I will remain faithful to Donna for as long as I feel the need to wear thongs.

Kylie may be sort of right though. I think when you are younger a g-string epitomises sexiness but as you get older you realise that you need to tailor your knickers to suit the situation. Sometimes the vpl from a g-string is even more obvious than a vpl from bigger pants. I have never been a convert to the thong over the trousers look. I understand that sometimes your underwear is so cute you want everyone to see it but it just seems a little bit tacky to me, and having watched the film Thirteen recently enough, it confirms to me that it's more about trying to look sexy than actually looking sexy. Now that different styles are readily available everywhere it has made the knicker issue a whole lot easier to conquer. French cut knickers are great for making your bum look good if your intention is to let your underwear be seen by anyone but yourself and Dunnes and Penneys both do great French cut pants and extremely reasonable prices.

Also with the advent of lingerie websites such as Figleaves and Victoria's Secret it's easier than ever to get the underwear you desire. I personally think that the g-string definitely has its merits but it's certainly not the be all and end all of underwear. So if like me you have not yet found the thong that suits, keep looking!

No comments: